HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a Fitness Program Coordinator at our client site located in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will be responsible for the development and coordination of Personal Training and Instructional fitness activities. The Fitness Coordinator reports to the Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing a High Performing Team:
- Hire, with FPM approval, and manage qualified and capable fitness team members. Assist in interviewing and providing hiring recommendations for other facility positions as requested
- Ensures that all fitness team members are properly on-boarded and informed of performance expectations
- Supervise Fitness Specialist’s and Personal Trainers’ responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that the facility is appropriately staffed with fitness team members and maintain a pipeline of available talent to fill future openings.
- Conduct regular quarterly performance reviews for all direct-reports who work 20+ weekly hours to assess performance.
- Oversee and complete Bi-weekly Payroll for direct reports.
- Conduct regular personal trainer team meetings (up to 6 per year: 2 Fall, 2 Winter/Spring, 1-2 Summer)
- Evaluate educational needs of Personal Trainers and propose/procure appropriate continuing education opportunities.
- Achieving Measurable Results:
- Create fitness programs and services for the Harvard community that attract and retain members in the facilities as well as promote fitness and movement outside of the facilities.
- Partner with Harvard Athletics to create integrative programming inclusive of all of areas of Recreation.
- Set monthly fitness retention goals with direction from FPM, and monitor performance toward goals
- Regularly meet with and set goals for fitness team members and redirect performance as necessary to ensure that goals are met.
- Act as a facility “Manager-on-Duty” as scheduled by the General Manager; typically once weekly until 7pm, and one monthly weekend shift.
- Act as backup/emergency group fitness class substitute when needed.
- Assist FPM with communication and oversight of group fitness instructors at Hemenway.
- Assist with tours and member services as related to the fitness/programs department.
- Assist with the planning and implementing of Harvard’s free student events.
- Assist with the upkeep of Fusion software as related to fitness and programming.
- Assist with the promotion of fitness programming in coordination with the Marketing Coordinator.
- May instruct group fitness and conduct personal training sessions for a combined weekly total of up to 10 hours per week, in addition to the 40 weekly admin hours.
- Assist with the communication to service/operation (RCS/MOD) employees as related to fitness and programming in conjunction with Service Coordinator.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications from either American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- Personal Training experience.
- Biomechanics training.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Customer service expertise.
- Computer proficiency: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Budget management.
- Marketing/promotion experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in college recreation.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Certifications to teach and manage water fitness and group fitness classes.
- Group Fitness instruction experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at