This is a 10-month (September 1 – June 30) full-time position, and days of work and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Note: This position is in the “NL” category of employment (non-fixed work week) and individuals in this role have no claim or entitlement to time off or cash compensation for hours worked beyond their normal schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. It is the policy of the College to grant hour for hour compensatory time off, with advance approval, only when employees are required to work on a regularly scheduled day off, Saturday, Sunday or a holiday. Time earned must be used within one fiscal year from the time it is earned.
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey’s Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Sports Performance Coordinator reports to the Director of Athletics in collaboration with the Head Athletic Trainer. Primary responsibilities will include the continued implementation and program supervision of the Strength and Conditioning program in collaboration with the Associate Athletic Director / SWA, Assistant Athletic Director, Athletics Facility Coordinator, the head coaches and the Facilities Staff. This includes the supervision and scheduling of the Bradley Fitness Center and The Lodge facilities. Responsible for working with the athletic training department as needed with injury prevention, and rehabilitation of injured student athletes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sports Performance Coordinator
- Is the primary person involved with the continued development, implementation and assessment of a year-round Sports Performance program which includes creating and tailoring each program to the gender, sport specific needs and physical abilities of the student-athletes.
- Work with the all athletic teams in the physical training of student-athletes which includes, but is not limited to, supervising programs focusing on strength training, cardiovascular fitness, agility training, flexibility and balance exercises to insure 100% participation by staff and student-athletes
- The Coordinator will assist the Athletic Staff and Coaches in creating a positive atmosphere in our training facility and a culture of dedication and commitment to the strength program while ensuring the physical, emotional and social welfare of our student-athletes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to NCAA, Conference, College and Departmental rules and regulations as required.
- Remain current on all trends, methods and innovations related to strength and conditioning
- Understands and helps facilitate the athletic department mission
- Ensure the physical, emotional and social welfare as we well as a safe environment for our student-athletes
- Meet with Director of Athletics or his designee bi-weekly to discuss progress and problems.
- Serves as an Athletic Facilities Supervisor at Athletic Contests and events (Primarily Evenings)
- Serves as evening and weekend building supervisor when necessary
- Have knowledge of and ability to instantly implement Athletics Emergency Plan.
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and assist in setting up game/field equipment.
- Required to work Saturdays, Sundays and evenings as needed.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree, Masters Preferred
Certified member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and / or the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association CCSAA
Two years professional experience required (five years preferred) directly related to the functions of the position or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
Preferred qualifications include collegiate work background and administrative experience.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Demonstrated communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and experience in supervision of personnel and budgetary matters. Excellent organizational and supervisory skills and techniques.
Must pass the NCAA Coaches exam with an 85%
First Aid / CPR / AED Certified
Valid Driver’s License / Certified Van / Transportation Safety
How to Apply
Established in 1969, Ramapo College offers bachelor’s degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include business, elementary education, nursing and social work. The College also offers articulated programs, including dental, optometry, chiropractic and health professions, as well as visual arts therapy and law, with colleges and institutions in New Jersey and New York.
Undergraduate students may choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and more than 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and an average class size of 23; affording students the opportunity to develop close ties to the College’s exceptional faculty.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at