HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time benefits eligible (between 30-40 hours per week) Aquatics Specialist within our client's aquatics program located on the campus of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Under the supervision of the General Manager, you will be responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and management of part-time lifeguards and swim instructors at Harvard University's Malkin Athletic Center (MAC) Pool and the Blodgett Pool. You will assist with the implementation of the Learn to Swim programming, staff trainings, and the maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. You are scheduled 20 hours per week for the key accountabilities described below and will also assist with lifeguard coverage and swim instructor lessons for an additional 10-20 hours a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview, hold tryouts for, and make selection recommendations for lifeguard and swim instructor staff along with GM. Complete onboarding process, including completion on new hire forms in Workday system.
- Assist with general oversight of all part time lifeguards & swim instructors, including bi-weekly payroll responsibilities.
- Continue to develop staff through in-service/trainings and proper review sessions; continually evaluate swim instructional offerings provided and develop new programming as needed.
- Assist with ensuring all aspects of pool operations meet local, state and federal safety requirements. Work with management team to take immediate corrective action.
- Provide superior customer service to all visitors and members of Harvard Recreation facilities.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Aquatics, preferably in some type of leadership capacity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; Degree will ideally be in teaching, sports management, higher education administration, recreation or related field.
- Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification.
- Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) certification.
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT) certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at