HealthFitness has an exciting opportunity for a part time (5-29 hrs/wk) Fitness Attendant with our new client Babson College located approximately 15 miles west of Boston in Wellesley, MA. Babson College is preparing to open a new modern, multi-use recreation and athletic center in the Fall of 2019. The new center will nearly double the size of Babson’s current athletics and recreation facilities, improve the quality and quantity of available fitness equipment and strengthen the overall experience for Babson students, faculty & staff and local community. The new 75,000sqft addition will feature:
- A large, two-story fitness and recreation area with state-of-the-art cardio equipment and weight room
- Multipurpose studio spaces for yoga, dance, and aerobics classes
- Dedicated varsity locker rooms, expanded sports medicine area, and an advanced strength, cardio, and conditioning area for varsity sports teams
- Three courts for recreational sports
- Improved locker room facilities for all students
- Large, flexible space to host major college events in any season
In this position, you will be responsible for supervising and maintaining the fitness center. You will promote and enforce policy and procedures, ensuring a safe and clean fitness environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes, greets and interacts with the members, guests and all those using the fitness center. Priority is making people feel welcome and noticed. Strive to greet patrons by name. Provides assistance, including offering tactful and safe advice to individuals regarding the use of equipment.
- Provides safe and effective instruction of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
- Conducts fitness equipment orientations.
- Inspects the fitness center and all equipment to ensure it’s clean and safe to use, reporting and restricting the use of broken equipment. Cleans sanitizes exercise equipment, wipes counters, returns materials used by participants (e.g. magazines) to their proper place; reports any known facility maintenance issues to the Manager (e.g., leaking faucet, torn carpet, etc.).
- Knows and abides by facility policy & procedures, advising members as appropriate. Understand and support the guest policy.
- Participates in staff meetings and training's as scheduled.
- Manages equipment usage, especially during peak usage periods.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Current CPR & AED certifications through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross and basic first aid knowledge required.
- Ability to use and operate a variety of strength training and cardiovascular equipment required.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is able to work with a diverse population.
- Must be professional at all times and supportive of other team members.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in and dedication to improving the health and fitness of the members.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at