HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (8 hrs / week) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site in Hookset, NH. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants and deliver health and fitness programs/services, promotions and outreach activities. You will provide group WELLBEATS tutorials; assist in the instruction of WELLBEATS classes; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
· Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
· Conduct health assessments, WELLBEATS tutorials and provide education to clients.
· Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
· Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
· Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
· Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
· Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
· Other duties as needed/assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.)
· CPR/AED and first aid certifications from either American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
· Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
· Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
· Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
· Experience with WELLBEATS virtual group exercise classes.
· Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.)
· Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
· Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at