HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for multiple part-time (10-15 hours per week) Health Fitness Assistants within our client's large community fitness center located in West Hartford, Connecticut! In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and assist in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants in order to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
· Understand and fully comprehend Emergency Medical Procedures throughout the facility; assess and treat injuries as needed.
· Schedule member assessments.
· Provide blood pressure screenings for members and guests after clearance with supervisor.
· Provides equipment instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
· Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
· Projects and other duties as assigned.
· Associate Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related discipline OR industry recognized certifications in Primary Group Exercise Instruction (ACE, AFAA or ACSM) and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM).
· CPR certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 30 days of hire.
· 1+ year related industry experience strongly preferred.
· Computer application knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Physical demands require having the ability to lift 25-45lb weights for restacking.
· Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at