HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for someone who is a creative thinker and up for the challenge to be our next Fitness Program Coordinator. Our client site located in downtown San Francisco California, is close to public transportation and allows for flexibility in determining work schedule. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and implementation of designated health/fitness programs and events. You will also manage program delivery process, ensuring all staff are executing program deliverables. As part of a fast-paced team, you will perform other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, and overseeing facility operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all programming within designated areas; develops, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness programs within specified program areas to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs, services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and certified.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client’s business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies. Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and engagement; develops and distributes electronic and print promotional materials to communicate program offerings and special events.
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results; evaluates and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and makes recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process relating to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction as applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Personal Training industry certification (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) is required, (additional income can be earned through personal training).
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross is preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Group Exercise class recognized industry certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at