Fitness Coordinator has responsibility for fitness programming and special events for the Wellness Center as it relates to fitness and wellness programming.
Responsibilities include oversight of group fitness programs, scheduling instructors and personal trainers, teaching group fitness classes, conducting personal training sessions, mentoring part-time staff, incentive programs, and offering special events and incentive programming to meet needs of students, community, and members. This position will work in coordination with the Associate Director of the Wellness Center to administer all aspects of planning, implementation, and evaluation for all fitness and wellness related programming.
- Hire, train, supervise, coordinate, develop,and evaluate Group Fitness Staff.
- Directly manage a comprehensive fitness and program to include; Group fitness classes, specialty programs, Incentive programs, and wellness opportunities.
- Develop a curriculum based program to develop and prepare students for Personal Training Certification and Group Fitness Certification
- Prepare monthly and annual written communication such as participation, inventory, and statistical reports
- Create professional development opportunities for staff, including individual mentoring
-Assist with personal training program
- Assist with member retention
- Build strong partners on and off campus with other departments and vendors
- Assist in providing direction and oversight in accordance with the mission, student learning outcome, and goals of the department, divisional and University
- Schedule fitness certifications and workshops through national organizations and/or presenters
- Develop and implement continuing education and training for fitness staff
- Develop, implement, and manage all policies and procedures that fall with the programming area
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Sport Management, or related field is preferred
Demonstrated fitness programming experience, preferably in a University or scholastic setting
Demonstrated experience supervising and mentoring fitness instructors
Demonstrated experience in conducting professional development training for fitness center staff
Demonstrated experience in fitness center operations to include equipment orientation
Demonstrated experience evaluating fitness program staff effectiveness
Demonstrated experience with assessment of fitness programming effectiveness
Demonstrated experience in fitness center client/customer relations
Demonstrated experience in assessing and managing risk in a fitness center environment
Demonstrated experience with conducting group and individual fitness instruction in a campus Wellness/Fitness Center environment
Must hold a current Certified Group Fitness and/or Personal Trainer Certification (national accreditation) and certification in the areas of FirstAid/CPR/AED Instruction
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at