Health Fitness has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time/benefits eligible (40 hours per week) Aquatics Coordinator at our client community center located in Bethel, Alaska! Drowning rates in the YK Delta are among the highest in the United States and as the Aquatics Coordinator, you will be helping reduce drowning rates by teaching swimming and water safety to participants of all levels, both in the aquatic facility and throughout the local school district. Diabetes is also a high concern in the YK Delta and you will assist with increasing community engagement by developing and implementing healthy community activities. As the Aquatics Coordinator, you will also help to keep the aquatic program organized, provide supervision and training for swim instructors and lifeguards, assist with youth programs in and out of the water and assist with maintaining the positive, clean atmosphere of the facility.
This position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Provide fun, engaging swimming and water safety instruction to youth and adults of all ages and ability levels. Classes will include American Red Cross Learn to Swim levels, high school swim instruction for gym credit, youth competition swimming, adult fitness swimming and clinics, private swim lessons and educational classes and workshops.
- Assist with development and implementation of aquatic activities to improve community engagement and health and wellness.
- Assist Facility Director with management of Aquatic programs including class development, marketing, implementation and paperwork.
- Assist with training and supervision of Lifeguard staff, including developing and running in-service training.
- Perform duties of Lifeguard or Manager on Duty.
- Provide healthy and fun Water Exercise/Fitness classes.
Other duties as needed/assigned
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience teaching all levels of swimming from Infant/Toddler through Adult, including beginners, swim safety programs and competitive swimming.
- Ability to engage all levels of students in a fun, interactive manner.
- Experience teaching fun, invigorating Water Exercise/Fitness classes.
- Ability to lead fun, engaging youth activities both in and out of the water.
- Experience developing and implementing community activities.
- Experience supervising aquatic staff.
- Must be self-motivated and able to stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to supervise others in a positive, corrective way and to act as a positive role model for staff and patrons.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Experience with Swim meet event management.
- Certified Pool Operator.
- Experience developing and managing community events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field.
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at