HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (15-21 hpw) Health Fitness Specialist at one our client site's in Spring House, PA. As the Health Fitness Specialist, you will be accountable for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility, including but not limited to, floor supervision; member interaction; new member facility and equipment orientation, exercise prescription, fitness testing; group exercise class instruction and implementation of health education programs and services, equipment upkeep and administrative responsibilities.
- Have a basic knowledge of contract obligations and client’s needs.
- Support and implement customized strategies to achieve Global Health metrics.
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility, including but not limited to, facility upkeep and equipment maintenance.
- Support the Membership Recruitment and Retention process.
- Floor supervision, monitor activities in the fitness center during peak hours to insure safety of participants and to provide feedback when warranted.
- Lead safe, fun, and motivating group exercise classes that are at appropriate fitness level of class attendees.
- Motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Responsible for new member facility and equipment orientations, exercise prescription (design exercise program for members based upon member’s goals), fitness testing, Health Profile biometric screening, individual health coaching, etc.
- Maintenance of boards and other means of marketing/promotion.
- Have a working knowledge and comply to site specific emergency response plans.
- Working relationship with Global Health partners.
- Working knowledge of programs and services (PIQ, Health Profile, HealthMedia, My eHealth, L Drive, Welcoa, PT-on-the-NET, etc.).
- Possess exemplary customer service skills (greet member with a smile, address members by name, anticipate member’s needs).
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends, i.e. professional certifications, e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Administrative/Front Desk duties, as required by site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, data entry, etc.
- Experience in Group Exercise Leadership and additional industry certifications preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
f you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at