HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (14 hrs/wk) Health Fitness Assistant at our client site located in Louisville, KY. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and assist in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Hours: Saturdays from 8:45am-5:15pm and Sundays from 11:45pm-5:15pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 90 days of hire.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
f you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at