The Health Science Center Wellness Program is seeking applications for a Wellness Specialist. This position is responsible for establishing greater program and awareness of mindfulness in the WVU Health Sciences community. Initiatives will be taken to integrate mindfulness practice(s) into the Health Sciences Center, WVU Medicine, as well as surrounding majors and departments.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Oversee publicity efforts for assigned mindfulness programs and management of the departments digital and public outreach channels.
- Produce quality communications content, including press releases, feature stories and information guides.
- Analyze identified constituencies/audiences and develop social media strategies, programs, services and outreach campaigns.
- Provide a physical and digital representation of mindfulness brand.
- ldentify, engage and/or partner with key mindfulness stakeholders throughout WVU community (students, faculty, complimentary wellness programs).
- Assist in program planning and course execution.
- Coordinate design, production and distribution of publications and other promotional materials, including internet or web materials, press releases, social media, brochures, flyers, signage, A/V presentations, etc.
- Establish media connections in order to provide systematic public outreach and coverage via WVU Today, university relations and other University news sources.
- Deliver compelling programs that maximize reach, engagement and impact for the mindfulness brand on a local and statewide scale.
- Bachelor's degree in communications related area and/or an equivalent experience and training (Public Relations, Communication Studies).
- Two (2) years of public relations, communications or related experience.
- Proficiency with appropriate software (Microsoft Word, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop preferred)
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of West Virginia University, as well as other associations and agencies to which the Health Sciences and Medical campus of WVU adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media and marketing techniques
- Excellent copywriting skills and visual sense while maintaining the importance of how images, advertisements and videos define the WVU and mindfulness brand
How to Apply
West Virginia University is a doctoral, research high-activity, land-grant institution founded in 1867 with locations spanning the state and a main campus of 1,456 picturesque acres along or near the Monongahela River. WVU has a student enrollment of over 30,000 students and a staff of 5,638 full time employees. The City of Morgantown, which is often ranked among the best small cities in the United States, is conveniently located 75 miles south of Pittsburgh, and 200 miles west of Washington, DC.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at