Assist with the planning and implementation of all aspects of recreation services, athletic events, and facilities. Coordinate all intramural and selected club sport activities. Hours of work vary depending on camp, league, and Recreation Center reservations.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Coordinate the Intramural program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the overall operations of the intramural sports program (approximately 35 activities and events).
• Review, update, and disseminate information from the intramural manual to intramural staff.
• Interview, hire, train, schedule, and supervise part time intramural staff which includes but is not limited to coordinators, set-up crews, table crews, and officials.
• Coordinate and implement safety and risk management procedures.
• Administer budget in regard to student payroll, equipment, and awards.
• Supervise and schedule the facilities for all events and activities.
• Responsible for intramural website, IM Leagues, and all advertising and information concerning events and activities.
• Serve as an advisor to the Intramural Council.
2. Serve as the evening Rec Center supervisor in the following areas:
• Have a complete working knowledge of all Rec Center policies, procedures, programs, operations, and services.
• Evening supervisor duties of the Rec Center staff and facilities.
• Assist with the implementation of all recreation services programs and operations.
3. Advise and supervise selected college funded and non-college-funded club sport program(s).
• Implement and ensure compliance with Nebraska State College System (NSCS) policies and Wayne State College procedures related to college club sport and student organization club sport programs.
• Review, update, and disseminate information from the Club Sport Manual to student organization club sport advisors, coaches, and team members.
• Hire, train, and supervise college club sport coach(es).
• Inventory and purchasing of equipment for College-funded club sports.
4. Serve as an Athletic Department event supervisor.
• Supervise selected events as determined by Associate Director of Athletics.
5. Other duties as assigned.
*Must be able to work evenings & weekends
*Master's Degree in sports management, recreation, student affairs/student personnel, business management, or related fields.
*One to three years of related experience.
*Working knowledge of most computer programs and applications, including proficiency in IM Leagues, Excel, and MS Office.
*Demonstrated commitment to students and experiences involving student learning.
*Strong Organizational and communication skills.
*Ability to develp and maintain positive working relationships with campus community, community of Wayne, and the surrounding region.
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at