HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our corporate client site located in Springfield, Massachusetts! In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager in delivering health and fitness programs and services, as well as promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants in order to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction!
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Assists in creating bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or a related discipline is required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification from the AHA or Red Cross is required.
- Industry recognized certification in Group Exercise Instruction is preferred.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA is preferred.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at http://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers/ or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at