HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a Fitness Program Coordinator at our client site located in Sunnyvale, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and/or implementation of designated health and fitness programs and events, maximizing participation and engagement. This position also manages program delivery process and teams, ensures all staff are properly trained, monitors quality and reports on program outcomes. This individual may also participate in program delivery and perform other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
- Assists in the daily supervision and administration of the fitness facility.
- Assists in daily supervision and administration of fitness program.
- Monitors and tracks participation in assigned wellness activities including group exercise, HFC Health Improvement Programs (HIP) and events. Generates monthly metrics and reports showing membership and usage, sports program.
- Ensures (involved in) the design, coordination, implementation and evaluation of site wellness programs.
- Works with Program Manager to promote group classes.
- Coordinate and supervise Internship program.
- Teaches group exercise classes.
- Conducts fitness assessments and recommends exercise programs.
- Member appointments (e.g. fitness testing, orientation, pre/post testing, HIP Program assessments and personal training appointments).
- Carries out other projects and duties as assigned by Program Manager.
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from AHA or ARC required.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification preferred.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM required within 90 days.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at