Coordinate all aspects of fitness programming, including health risk appraisal, individual exercise program development and fitness evaluation. Provide instruction on the proper use of strength training and cardiovascular equipment and conduct fitness evaluations as needed. Develop, promote, evaluate and update a comprehensive schedule of group fitness classes and supervise group fitness instructors. Maintain all facility equipment cleaning and maintenance inspections and equipment repair history. Know and enforce all departmental policies and emergency procedures.
- Supervise and instruct JRFC members and students during daily exercise and monitor members with injuries, risk factors and special needs.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of recreation management software/point-of-sale systems and department policies and procedures. Provides outstanding customer service.
- Develop, promote, evaluate and update a comprehensive schedule of group fitness classes and supervise group fitness instructors. Administer exercise prescriptions and fitness assessments.
- Coordinate, promote and grow the Personal Fitness Training Service. Supervise all group fitness instructors
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University.
- Spend a minimum of one hour per day in the JRFC cardio and weight-room area to provide exercise assistance and advice. Know all facility rules and procedures and proactively enforce them.
- Provide quality customer service to students, JRFC members and Jefferson employees including membership processing and program registration. Assist members as an informational resource for services and programs.
- Provide leadership to part-time Fitness Aides and student interns with regards to exercise floor supervision. Develop a training protocol for all part-time Fitness Aides and provide ongoing written and verbal feedback to the staff.
- Develop and promote the fitness assessment program and administer assessments as needed. Offer follow-up assessments for past participants to track their exercise progress. Maintain files on members with injuries, risk factors and special needs and offer individual assistance to these members to aid in the safe progression of their exercise programs.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleaning of all facility equipment.
- Assign duties to part-time fitness aides and monitor the satisfactory completion of these duties.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the preventive maintenance vendor.
- Report any emergency equipment problems immediately and follow-up until repairs are complete.
- Maintain a file of all equipment warranties and repair histories.
- Present and display educational information on fitness and wellness topics including nutrition, strength training and cardio vascular fitness, through all social media outlets, handouts and electronic bulletins boards.
- Develop and implement bi-annual 6-8 week exercise incentive programs.
- Develop and execute wellness programming that includes, but is not limited to, fitness and wellness education seminars and demonstrations. Stay up to date on the latest trends in wellness and fitness.
Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director or Sr. Director
Experience within a university recreation & wellness facility.
Nationally recognized fitness certification (ACSM, ACE, NASM, and NSCA).
Valid CPR Certification preferred
Experience teaching/leading group exercise classes
How to Apply
All applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to David Woobok Kim at DavidWoobok.Kim@jefferson.edu. Please also contact David (via e-mail) with any questions
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at