HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Health Fitness Professional at our client location in Greenville, SC! In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and/or delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Assists with internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment, and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Participates in site business planning and budgeting process.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications from ARC or AHA required.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification is preferred.
- Personal Training certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, NASM) preferred but required within six months from hire.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at