HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (13-26 hours/wk) Program Coordinator at our client site located in Milpitas, CA. In this position, you will provide a wide range of services to improve the health and well-being of employees at multiple HealthFitness client sites. This is a part-time position beginning at 13 hours per week, though will increase to 23-26 hours/week beginning in January, 2018. The position will require occasional travel to South San Francisco (4-8 times/annually).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Wellness and Fitness Programs and Services at multiple client sites.
- Participate in business planning process and manage operating budget within designated areas of responsibility.
- Manage group exercise program (including recruiting, onboarding, and supervising group class instructors).
- Coordinate special events, including health screening events, awareness tables, presentations, and health fairs.
- Engage employee population with wellness and fitness offerings via 1:1 interactions, promotional events, and marketing campaigns while ensuring alignment with the client’s business needs and employee culture.
- Conduct group exercise classes, exercise prescriptions, and 1:1 health coaching sessions as needed.
- Assist with fitness facility operations (e.g. conduct new member orientations, provide floor coverage/equipment instruction, etc.).
- Customize marketing materials and monthly newsletters with site-specific information.
- Maintain participant files and database.
- Collect, report, and evaluate facility/program utilization data.
- Assist with outcomes-focused quarterly management reports.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience required.
- CPR/AED certifications preferred, but required within 30 days of hire.
- Group Exercise certification preferred, but required within 90 days of hire.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM) preferred, but required within 90 days of hire.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude and willingness to take initiative.
- Maintain up-to-date fitness, nutrition, and general health knowledge.
- Proficiency in conducting group exercise classes and exercise prescriptions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including, at minimum, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel locally up to 25% of the time (South San Francisco, CA).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at