HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (approximately 12-20 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our client fitness center facility in Van Buren Township, Michigan! As the Health Fitness Specialist, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member educational materials.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc).
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification or a BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, Zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction.
How to Apply
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness’ commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at