MIT Recreation Department, managed by HealthFitness, is looking for individuals that would like to become certified Lifeguards (no experience required) and work 10-20 hours per week in Cambridge, MA. Free certification courses will be held on site. Upon successful completion of the certification, the pay rate will be $14.00/hr for hours worked 6:00a - 8:30a, Mon-Fri, and $13.00/hr for all other hours.
- Ability and willingness to obtain First Aid, CPR and Lifeguard certifications.
- Employment will not be offered until candidate completes and passes the lifeguard class offered by the facility.
- Willingness to continue employment at MIT for at least 3 months, if an associate leaves prior to 3 months of employment a pro-rated reimbursement of the cost of the fee to become certified would be expected.
- Lifeguards must be at least 16 years old.
- Meet MIT Fitness and Skill standards.
- Attend lifeguard orientation session.
- Be dependable, alert and able to interact with people of all ages in a positive manner.
- Please forward a list of three contacts who will comment on your character.
At the conclusion of the lifeguard course, candidates are required to perform a basic lifeguard skill test consisting of:
- 500 yard swim.
- Active, Passive, Submerged rescues.
- Spinal injury management in shallow and deep water.
Other various techniques that were learned during the Lifeguard Training Program.
How to Apply
Once you complete the application, a manager from the MIT Aquatics Department will contact you to enroll you in one of our FREE lifeguard classes.
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at