HealthFitness has exciting opportunities for students wishing to complete their University internship requirement at a Corporate, Community or Hospital based facility. HealthFitness strives to make the intern experience unique and rewarding and to provide the opportunity to obtain focused experience in your chosen career field. An internship with HealthFitness provides students with exposure and/or experience in many, or all, of the following areas:
• Program administration
• Health promotion programming
• Fitness testing and exercise prescription
• Health and fitness motivational programming
• Group exercise class instruction
• Facility maintenance
• Data analysis & outcomes reporting
• Personal training
• Participant record keeping
• Special projects and promotions
• Health fairs and health screenings
• Junior or Senior level Baccalaureate or Masters level student working towards a degree in physical education, exercise physiology, kinesiology, recreation, health education, health promotion or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification required (or will be required by start date of internship).
• Personal Training or Group Exercise certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM a plus.
• Communication skills to instruct and interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
How To Apply
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about your internship opportunity through the National Internship Finder Service located at