The Exercise Science program provides students with a solid foundation of learning experiences, enabling them to transfer to four-year universities to pursue careers in health/medical promotion and fitness management.
Program graduates will demonstrate the ability and skill to:
- Analyze and explain how and why the human body responds to various types of physical activities
- Develop exercise/fitness programs for individuals or groups with diverse health backgrounds
- Analyze, evaluate and provide basic care in emergency situations
- Identify general nutritional needs of individuals as well as how nutrition impacts exercise and athletic performance
- Instruct others in the use of a variety of exercise equipment
About Rowan College at Gloucester County
Rowan College at Gloucester County (RCGC) is a unique collaboration between formerly Gloucester County College and Rowan University offering students a direct, cohesive route to a bachelor's degree with easy transfer of credits. This premier partnership strengthens the College's mission to make an affordable, quality education available to all students without accumulatingg enormous debt. The College promotes the retention of South Jersey students to better the region's economy through a highly-educated workforce and stronger tax base.