Grand View's M.S. in Sport Management program prepares students for managerial positions in marketing and event management for professional sport teams, collegiate administration and coaching, or managerial positions in a wide range of private and public sport organizations.
Why Grand View?
- Des Moines was ranked the No. 1 minor league sports market in America by Sport Business Journal, the premiere sport business source.
- The only degree of its kind in Iowa, this 36-credit-hour program accepts students who have just completed a bachelor's degree as well as working adults who prefer to attend part-time.
- Because of its convenient schedule, you can complete the requirements in as little as 16 months in this face to face program with online summer courses.
- Graduate internships in sport management are crucial to students gaining or expanding their experience in sport and refining career intentions. At Grand View, we have developed relationships with organizations that provide multiple internship opportunities in the Des Moines community and beyond, as well as graduate assistantships in a variety of fields.
- Students have recently completed internships with the Iowa Barnstormers, The Principal Charity Golf Classic, The West Des Moines Soccer Club, the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau, and several college and high school athletic departments.
- Athletic Director
- Event Manager
- Collegiate Coach
- Sales Executive
- Marketing Manager or Director
- Information Director
- Development Director
- Fitness Club Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
- Recreation Center Manager
- Golf Course Manager
- Park Superintendent
- Tournament Director
- Compliance Officer
About Grand View University
Founded more than 100 years ago in 1896, Grand View offers a high-quality education to a diverse student body in a career-oriented, liberal arts-grounded curriculum in Des Moines, Iowa, a metropolitan area of more than half a million people. Grand View offers bachelor's and master's degrees, and welcomes traditional students and adult learners representing a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds.
At Grand View, students find a winning combination of high-quality programs, experienced professors, and caring individuals. With approximately 2,000 students (around 1,650 full time), an average class size of 16, and a student-to-faculty ratio of 14 to 1, students get to know their professors and other students well. They learn independence and seek responsibility in Grand View's educational environment.
Learning is an interactive process at Grand View—students engage in lively discussions, work on real-world projects, and participate in career-related work experiences. Grand View welcomes and supports students from all walks of life, geographies, religions and ethnicities.